Just browsing some blogs tonight and I came across the lovely Super Naturale. They rave that they're "an independent site dedicated to the 'Do It Yourself' culture in all its glorious forms. From simple afternoon home improvement projects to radical lifestyle choices- we love them all. We celebrate ingenuity, creativity and the handmade," which I can most defnitely agree with! They are fabulous and after you peruse their site, you want to run down to Home Depot, A.C. Moore, and Ikea and revamp your entire space.
One post that caught my little eye was one regarding the STUMP project. Honestly, the picture was what caught my eye. I mean--an upholestered tree stump?! I had to read on. The STUMP project started in 1999 in NYC and basically beautifies tree stumps who have sacrificed their precious lives to various things out of their control--disease, vehicular damage, construction, etc. Take a look at the post, where there are step-by-step instructions on how to take on this project. How delightful would it be if all the tree stumps in NYC [and eventually everywhere] were beautifully upholstered and given some life again with bright colors and chaotic textures? I think this is one amazing realistic dream.
1 comment:
i love your blog and that web site is brilliant. Definitely going to add it my favorites
Post a Comment