Tuesday, September 14, 2010

oh me oh my.



"You cannot teach a man anything; you can help him to find it within himself. "
==Galileo==

Substitute teaching has got to be the most brutal job ever [for a teacher that is]. You have no credibility with the students and only 67 minutes to make an impression [which will not matter because you will never see them again]. I've only had one sub job so far but it has left enough of an impression where I am not looking forward to my next. Having already taught, planned, developed a rapport with my students, this is just KILLING me! I am just supposed to sit there class after class and hand out a ridiculous worksheet or play an inane video and expect the students to like me?! Yeah right! I know this is not permanent but ay caramba! Subbing in the elementary and early childhood would be fun because all younger children love you no matter who you are but high schoolers and pre-teens....no way. They immediately fist pump and high five their friends once they see their teacher is absent and change seats. Honestly?? I know the drill little ones so don't try and pull one over on me. I don't care if you think I'm a huge biotch. You will do the assignment and I will never see you again. Fingers crossed for a full-time job otherwise look out Vermont [next year of course]!

No comments: