Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mind vs. Heart

Your mind and heart are a funny combo.; sometimes they're on the same team and sometimes they're playing tug of war. I've come to realize that this is especially true when playing in the game of love (yes cheesy but go with it). You're mind tells you to to move on while your heart says hang on, but the difficulty in this is which do you choose to follow? You know the consequences of both fates but yet cannot make a decision. Well, I've made that decision and the winner was the mind. What I've realized is that the heart eventually is wounded but will follow in time (it just needs a Band-Aid or two). Eventually the two meet on common ground and start working for the same cause--your happiness. Once the war is over, peace erupts and (the person) is independent, stable and most of all happy. As more and more time passes, a scab forms and starts to heal and eventually disappears until there isn't any proof it was even there at all. The next step is waiting for it to happen all over again...

No comments: